Makes 1 (9 x 3.5 inch) Cheesecake (springform pan) or 2 (9 x 1.5 inch) Cheesecakes (pie tins). Preparation time around 15 minutes. Bake for 45 - 55 minutes.
Ingredients for Crust:
- 15 sheets of Graham Crackers
- 1/3 cup of Butter, melted
- Water, as necessary
Ingredients for Filling:
- 32 oz of Cream Cheese
- 1 cup of Granulated (White) Sugar
- 4 pcs of Eggs
- 1 tsp of Vanilla
Ingredients for Topping:
- 11 oz of Soft Caramel Candies (or your favorite recipe for caramel)
- 1/2 cup of Half and Half
- 1/2 pcs of Apple (Optional)
- 1 pcs of Apple (optional)
- 1 pcs of Stick (optional)
Directions / Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Soften cream cheese by bringing to room temperature on countertop for one hour, or microwave carefully in 30 second intervals until a knife can slide through it with no effort.
- Pulse graham crackers in a food processor, blender, or crush until they form sandy crumbs. Blend in melted butter. Add water until mixture holds together when pressed.
- Press graham cracker mixture into base of a spring form pan, or into base and up sides of two pie tins.
- In a separate bowl, blend soft cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and TFA Green Apple flavoring until smooth.
- Pour filling into prepared pan, or split evenly into two pans and place on middle rack of preheated oven for 50 - 55 minutes (until edges are set and center jiggles when moved, but is almost set).
- Cool in refrigerator for 3 - 4 hours.
- Unwrap caramels and place in microwave safe bowl with half and half. Microwave on high for 3 - 4 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Slice an apple horizontally, cutting off bottom 1/2 - 1/3. Insert stick in base of apple.
- Dip apple in caramel, leaving some of the apple skin uncovered. Place on fully cooled cheesecake. Cover cheesecake in remaining caramel sauce, allowing it to drip down sides.
- Slice and serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate (keep plastic wrap or foil off from touching caramel sauce).