Makes 6 - 10 small pies. Preparation time around 20 minutes. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes.
- 1 pcs of Double Pie Crust (frozen or from a recipe)
- 4 - 5 pcs of Large Apples
- 1/3 cup of Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp of Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp of Clove
- 6 tbsp of Cultured Butter
- TFA Dark Rum 6.75 - 7.5 ml
- 1/2 tsp of Salt
- 2 tbsp of All-Purpose-Flour
Directions / Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Peel, cut, and core apples. Dicing into bite sized chunks.
- Thaw pie crusts and roll out on a floured surface.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats.
- In a large saucepan on low heat, melt butter. Add TFA Dark Rum flavoring, sugar, spices, salt, and flour, heating until fragrant.
- Add cut apples to the saucepan, combine with butter spice mixture and heat until sauce is thickened and apples are tender.
- Cut dough in 4 - 6 inch diameter circles (a bowl can make a good dough cutter), and transfer to prepared baking sheets.
- Place 2 - 3 moderate spoonful’s of the apple mixture in the center of each circle (if making turnover-style hand pies) or half of the circles (if making full hand pies). Be sure not to overfill.
- Brush water onto the edges of each dough round, and fold over (turnover-style) or cover with a second disk of dough (hand pie style). Press edges well to seal.
- Place in oven on middle rack and bake for 15 - 20 minutes, or until crust is golden brown.