Makes 3 cups of Swedish Gummy Mix. Preparation time around 30 minutes. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- 1.5 cups of Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cups of Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/2 tsp of Lime Juice
- 1 oz of powdered gelatin (about 8 envelopes of gelatin)
- 2 ml of Food Coloring, or as needed
- Dash of Salt
Directions / Instructions:
- Combine all ingredients and let it sit for 5 minutes to allow the gelatin to hydrate.
- Heat mixture on medium heat until it comes to a boil.
- Boil mixture for 1 minute, then remove from heat.
- Cool for one minute, then skim and discard foam from gelatin.
- Spoon into shaped silicone molds, or pour onto chilled tray sprinkled generously with powdered or granulated sugar.
- Chill for 3 hours, or until firm.
- Turn out molded shapes or cut into cubes (To prevent sticking, roll in powdered or granulated sugar, or allow shapes to dry out in fridge for several days).